Easy no bake, Nut Allergy Friendly Gingerbread House
Finding store bought, pre-made, anything that is safe can be extremely difficult for those of us with food allergies. The convenience is not always at our fingertips, but creativity is! Take a look in your cupboards, which I imagine are already filled with safe products, and build your own unique holiday creation. Forget the lame-o basic gingerbread house. At your holiday party, no two houses will be the same. Here at Nutless Life we used graham crackers. We have seen other creative builders use items such as saltine crackers or pretzels. Remember that this project is about the process not the product. Be silly make something crazy and as a family come together and simply have fun with it. When you are finished, please don’t forget to spread the Holiday joy by sharing your photos and recipes with the rest of us on Nutless Life Facebook Peanut/Tree Nut Free
Cardboard or Cutting Board
Large Ziplock Bag
Ingredients: All from Nut Free Facilities
TWO 12.5 oz Tubs Wholesome Vanilla Frosting
TWO 8oz Boxes Kinnikinnick Graham Crackers
TWO 1oz Safe + Fair Remy's Grahams (December 2018 Box Item)
1 oz Safe + Fair Gavins Granola
2.1oz Charms Fluffy Stuff Snow Ball Cotton Candy (December 2018 Box Item)
6oz Airheads Bites
4.5oz Airheads Rainbow Belts
Wholesome Candy Canes
Peeps Marshmallow Trees
Peeps Marshmallow Snowmen
28 Pieces Andes Peppermint Crunch Thins
28 Pieces Andes Creme De Menthe Thins
1. Wrap a piece of cardboard or cutting board with foil.
2. Using your spatula, scoop out frostings into ziplock bag. Cut a small hole at tip of bag.
3. Build a square with 12 graham crackers, to hold it together, use the frosting as glue. With the frosting, attach the square to the middle of the foiled cardboard/cutting board.
4. For extra support, build a wall in the middle of the square, and attach with frosting.
5. For roof support, build another row on top of the middle support wall wall.
6. Use six graham crackers to build the roof, three on each side. Attach with frosting.
7. Use Safe + Fair Remy's Graham Crackers to fill in the point of the roof. Attach with frosting.
8. For extra support, add extra frosting to base and around crackers.
9. Spread thin layer of frosting all around base to cover foil. Top with the Charms Fluffy Stuff Cotton Candy. Pull the balls apart to form flat pieces and press them to the frosting.
10. Use remaining frosting and candies to decorate your own design.